Place cards (or seating cards) are a crucial element at very special events. Place cards allow party planners to be very creative, while serving the simple function of assigning guests to particular tables for their meal without confusion or additional assistance. The card typically has the name of each guest and the assigned table number (married couples are often assigned together on one card, eg. Mr. & Mrs. Paul Levy). They are often displayed on a table outside the reception hall, such as an assembly or pre-function hallway. Matching table numbers are placed separately or as part of a decorative centerpiece. You can ask your invitation dealer to supply these, or order from another source, such as www.mazeltovfavors.com.
The price ranges for these cards vary greatly and so do the options. Place cards can coincide with the theme of the wedding or mitzvah. Or, they can just be simple, elegant, elaborate or crafty. The options to express your creativity are endless. Here are some imaginative seating cards to spice up the atmosphere at your event.
The options above are just a few examples of some original seating cards that will catch the attention of guests. It is important, however, to avoid making the place cards too elaborate. Cards that are large in size and are too busy and may become distracting. Party planners want the guests to remember the exceptional day. Place cards that can be taken home serve as a wonderful memento of the event and add style and fun to any event.
- Simple- Elegant yet simple cards can imitate the invitations that guests receive. White or beige along with black or navy work best. Die cuts or embossing can be added with an image or initials of the guests.
- Frames- Name cards can be placed in a picture frame (glass, wood, etc.), or a fun display, such as an acrylic coaster or snow globe frame (see www.partyfavorbiz.com and www.cadettmarketing.com).
- Leaves- Write with a metallic marker on leaves from nature or store purchased leaves. Then, spray the leaves with a laminate to make them more durable.
- Sweet- Purchase or make gingerbread men/woman, cookies, tiny tarts, or cupcakes. Guest’s names can be written on the sweet treats with royal icing.
- Toast- Champagne flutes can be etched with guest’s names (expensive) or names can be written on a tag and then tied around the glass. As guests arrive at the table and find their seats, servers can fill their glasses with a bubbly beverage.
- Clip it- Simple place card clips or fancy card holders, such as the metal chair figures (Elegance – 85156) found at www.cadettmarketing.com, are available to add a dash of pizzazz and keep your guests commenting.
Click on the link to view a website providing the unique products.
|Unique Ideas for Place Cards|
Visit our other sites:
World of Possibilities
Amazing Baby and Child Expo
Brides and Grooms Expo
Red Carpet Bridal Tours
Charm City Countdown